Why laminate flooring? It imitates wood flooring really well! An inexpensive alternative to real wood, today’s laminate flooring manufacturers offers better quality and dozens of types of wood species. At Bennett Crone, you can find everything from American icons like oak, hickory, and heartwood pine to exotics such as tigerwood, Prado, and more. Laminate flooring also comes in rustic and antiqued versions in case you want to achieve this look. In addition, we provide you with an extensive portfolio of stone, tile and metal look a likes. In lamina flooring, images are printed and glued to a core of fiberboard backed by a bottom layer that’s treated to prevent moisture damage. It’s all covered by a tough clear top wear layer that resists scratches and dings.
Advantages of Laminate:
- Comes as planks or tiles, edges and ends are designed to snap together so there’s no nailing, making installation an easy process.
- The laminate construction gives the pieces stability and prevents seams from opening up during changes in humidity.
- Lightweight and installed over a thin foam cushion underlayment
- With snap-together laminate flooring, you do not need VOC-releasing glues
- No old-growth or exotic trees are used to produce laminate flooring
- Tough wear layer, which makes cleanup and maintenance easy. Occasional sweeping keeps the surface free from abrasive grit.