Our MDF product line offers a variety of smooth hard surfaces, exceptional machining, plus clean, sharp edges for cutting and drilling applications. A competitive workhorse representing uniformity in MDF and highly suitable for precision part manufacturing. We offer a variety of ‘on grade’ and ‘shop’! Feel free to contact us by phone 619.661.0667 or email us if you have any questions!
MDF is generally denser than plywood. It is made up of separated fibres, but can be used as a building material similar in application to plywood. It is stronger and much denser than particle board.
Benefits of MDF:
- Is an excellent substrate for veneers.
- Some varieties are less expensive than many natural woods.
- Isotropic (its properties are the same in all directions as a result of no grain), so no tendency to split.
- Consistent in strength and size -Shapes well.
- Stable dimensions (won't expand or contract like wood).
- Easy to finish (i.e., paint).